Social networking is one of the most recent means of entertainment for the masses of people all over the world. There are millions of people around the world who are deep to their neck in social networking. There are many networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, Hi5 to name a few. As each month passes, more and more social networking sites are being added to the sites in the world. Millions of people have joined Facebook which is one of the most popular social networking sites and this has caused the site to expand rapidly.
There are various advantages and disadvantages of these social networking sites and they are listed here.
- Cheap communication: Communication through the internet is a lot cheaper than the communication through any other means. In fact, if you would like to communicate through these social networks, it is not only cheaper, but it is more fun too. Other than for personal communication too, these social networks are very useful and you will be able to reach out to a lot of your potential clients and also potential buyers through these social networks.
- Get to know people: You will be able to get to know a lot more people than you ever thought was humanly possible. The ease of communication and also the fact that these social networks have a wide range and any person who is living in the United States can reach the person who is in Australia in seconds has made this to be a unique opportunity for people who have never met each other to have a more than a friendly relationship.
- Job opportunities: Many of the companies are turning to the various social networking sites even for their hiring needs because f the ease with which they can hire people. Other than the hiring, the decision on which person will suit for which job can also be easily identified on these social networks. This is because the personal and professional details of all these people are listed in these networks and the attitude of the individual can also be assessed from the various activities of the individual on these social networking sites.
- Scams: There are a lot of scams that revolve around these social networking sites because most of the people who are part of these sites do not have a real name on these sites. They also put out only false details on these forums. This has made people to lose faith in the reality of these social networking sites.
- Nuisance: The fact that people spend a lot more time on these social networking sites has caused people to have decreased output or productivity at work because they have been busy all the time.
- Addiction: There are some people who also become addicted to the social networking sites and this has caused them to spend a lot more time in front of the computer than spend time with their family or friends.
- Time taking: Since having many friends and replying to most of them each day takes a lot of time, it is a time consuming activity. These are some of the negative aspects of social networking.