Did you know that registry is the most important part of the operating system that records all settings, configurations etc? Something similar to what our brain does for us. Well, whenever you need to make changes to it, make sure that you back it up beforehand just In case you need to undo the changes later. The method of taking backup and restoring the Registry is the best way to undo the changes that you want to do in your computer.
Also, the method involved in backup and restore of the Registry is easy. You can do it with the help of our quick and easy instructions mentioned below and create backup and restore as and when you want. To do it now, start following the steps available here and make sure that you back up the Registry beforehand so as to undo the changes that you want later. Here’s how you can backup and restore registry in Windows Vista based PC.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to backup and restore the Registry in Windows Vista:
To Backup the Registry
1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Type regedit in the search box and then press Enter.
3. Click on Continue in User Account Control dialog box.
4. In Registry Editor window, Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
5. If you want to backup the entire registry you can choose Computer at the top of the registry tree.
6. Click the File menu, and then click Export.
7. Type a name for the backup file in the File name box and select the location where you want to save the backup copy to.
8. Click on Save.
The Easiest and fastest way to restore registry information is to Merge it.
1. Right click on the backup .reg file and click on Merge.
2. Click on Continue in User Account Control dialog box.
3. You’ll see a confirmation window, click Yes.
4. When you are done, click OK.
So, the next time you want to backup and restore the Registry in Windows Vista based PC, don’t get confused, simply follow our instructions and do the needful changes at the comfort of your home, office or home office.