Do you know why you create hidden folder on Windows Vista-based computer? Well, there can be many reasons for this, however, one of the most important reasons to create hidden folder on computer is to hide your important data from the other users of same PC. You might not want others to see or share your computer data and therefore you can hide it from them by creating a hidden folder on your computer. This will help you to conceal all your important information from the other users of same office or home. Also, hiding the folder ensures that no one opens or deletes the hidden folder until you reveal it to others.
So, if you are looking for the solution to create hidden folder on your Windows Vista-based PC, then the solution is available right here. All you need to do is browse through our solution steps and create a hidden folder to conceal all your important data from the other users reach.
Here’s how you can create a hidden folder on your PC.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create hidden folder on Windows Vista-based PC:
1. Create a folder for the information you want to hide. Name this folder.
2. Put the files you’re protecting or hiding inside the folder.
3. Click “Organize” on the window, and select “Folder and search Options.”
4. Then choose the “View” tab. Under Advanced settings, select the “Do not Show Hidden Files and Folders” box.
5. Click “Apply” at the bottom of the window. When you want to make a folder viewable later, follow the same steps but choose the “Show hidden Files and folders” option, click “OK”.
6. Right click on the folder you want to hide. Select “Properties” and click the “General” tab.
7. Near the bottom is an Attributes section. Select “Hidden” and push the “Apply” button at the bottom of the window
8. Click “OK” in the Confirm Attributes Changes dialog box and then click “OK” again.
See, how easily you can create hidden folder on your Windows Vista-based computer. Simply, follow our step-by-step solution and make the changes accordingly.