Creating hidden folder on Windows XP-based PC is quick and easy. You can create a hidden folder in your computer with the help of our solution mentioned below. But before you start with the process, let’s discuss why you may need to create a hidden folder in your computer. Well, you might have to create hidden folder on your PC to hide your important data or information from the other users in the same home or office.
So, if you don’t want to share your important information at work or at home you can hide the data from others by creating a hidden folder in your computer. Also, hiding the folder ensures that no one opens or deletes the hidden folder until you reveal it to others. Well, to create hidden folder on Windows XP-based PC, you can follow our step-by-step solution mentioned below.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create hidden folder on Windows XP-based PC:
1. Create a folder for the information you want to hide. Name this folder.
2. Put the files you’re protecting or hiding inside the folder.
3. Click “Tools” at the top of the window, and select “Folder Options.”
4. Then choose the “View” tab. Under Advanced settings, select the “Do not Show Hidden Files and Folders” box. Click “Apply” at the bottom of the window. When you want to make a folder viewable later, follow the same steps but choose the “Show hidden files and folders” option, click “OK”.
5. Right click on the folder you want to hide. Select “Sharing and Security” and click the “General” tab.
6. At the bottom is an Attributes section. Select “Hidden” and push the “Apply” button at the bottom of the window.
7. Click “OK” in the Confirm Attributes Changes dialog box and then click “OK” again.
See, how easily, you can create hidden folder in your Windows XP-based PC, all you need to do is follow our solution steps and make the changes at the comfort of your home or office.