Facing difficulty in creating zipped files on Windows XP-based PC? Well, creating zipped files on Windows XP-based computer is not as difficult as it may sound. You can create zipped files in your computer to compress all your important files into one folder and send or receive bulk files all at a same time. This can help you to share large number of files with the other users rather easily as all the files or folders are compressed into a single folder.
So, if you are looking for the steps to create zipped files on your Windows XP-based PC, then the solution is available tight here. All you need to do is follow our step-by-step solution and create zipped files or folders on Windows XP-based computer at the comfort of your home or office. So, what are waiting for? Start, following our step-by-step solution right away.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create zipped files on Windows XP-based PC:
1. Right click the “Start” button on the task bar. An option window will appear.
2. Choose the “Explore” option. The Windows Explorer window will open.
3. Find the file you want to compress by clicking through the Windows Explorer menu.
4. Click “File” on the top left of the Windows Explorer window. A drop down menu will appear.
5. Select the “New” option on the drop down menu. This opens a second drop down menu.
6. Choose the “Compressed (zipped) folder” option. The new folder will appear in the Explorer window. The name of the folder is highlighted, waiting to be named.
7. Name the new compressed folder. The newly created compressed folder will automatically compress any files that are put inside of it.
8. Drag any file into the folder that you want compressed.
See, how simple it is to create zipped files or folder in your Window XP-based computer. Now that you know the steps to create zipped files, you can easily save as many files you want into a zipped folder and share them with others.