The opening day of pre-E3 activities has brought a couple of interesting crumb from Microsoft, which is introducing the primary details on the 360’s long-in-development-Project Natal. The project is popularly known as Kinect which was proclaimed at an event at the University of Southern California. The Internet has also been a buzz with a Microsoft rumor, as ostensibly leaked photos of an ad showing off a new trimmer 360 model along with its motherboard have recently surfaced.
However, Microsoft will probably announce more details at a Cirque du Soleil event in USA shared the official name and the initial list of official games. The date and price for the hands-free motion controller system have yet to be announced. But something we fully expect to change in the next day or so is the game footage of a handful of Kinect games which were shown as part of today’s performance. The company reportedly spent four months preparing for this. While it hasn’t been officially confirmed, the leaked advertisement for the 360’s slim model which was shown recently on the Italian site Console Tribe prior to being taken down; allegedly features built-in Wi-Fi. Only a day from its press conference.Microsoft has not confirmed any of these details, leaving any 360 slim details as a wisp of rumor.
However, USA Today revealed this first list of Kinect games:
- Kinectimals: A virtual ‘big cat’ trainer that lets you train and play with 20 different feline members of the animal kingdom, including tigers, lions, and cheetah.
- Kinect Sports: Microsoft’s answer to Wii Sports, Kinect Sports features table tennis, boxing, bowling, soccer, beach volleyball, and track and field; all controlled using your body.
- Joyride: This one looks to be a kart-style racer—grip your hands on an imaginary steering wheel and use your foot for the gas and brakes.
- Kinect Adventures: This game combines a river raft simulator (recently seen on YouTube) and obstacle course for up to four players. Rafting works in pairs, with players working together and moving in the same direction to steer. Jumping will also grant access to secret areas.
- Dance Central: Developed by MTV games, this is a motion-controlled dance-off.
- Disney and Lucasarts have also announced that classic Disney and Star Wars characters will be appearing in upcoming Kinect games.
However, Rumors have also been spilled out that Microsoft had actually not decided the name till the date of its announcement was to be made. Many of them think that the promotional steps that Microsoft took were very much in suspicion forcing them to think that the name Kinect was a recent decision taken by Microsoft. But more important is the thing that now the name Kinect is official name given to one of the biggest launches that the company is going to make in 2010.
Thus, it can be said that this new Kinect is a fun do package for the whole family including high-energy games along with the dancing games even the inclusion of games that have characters from Disney world and star wars are enough to let loose the inner Jedi of the people.