Microsoft the techno giant is a technology and software design and Development company. It is famous for its Windows OS and MS Office suite. Microsoft trying to maintain its identity as a market leader has launched a varied range of products in 2010.
- Kinect for XBOX 360 – It was the Gaming Add-On of the season featuring gaming without any game controller and working on the users movements. It is slated to compete against Nintendo Wii and PS 3.
- Windows Live essentials 2011 (beta).
- Windows Phone 7- Widely slated as the iPhone killer, it was launched as a new version of Windows Phone. Coupled with a great gaming experience and an ever increasing app market place it was truly a device to look out for.
- Microsoft Office 2010 suite.
- Office 365.
- Halo Reach The much awaited release of the next title in the Halo series did not disappoint its fans. A true successful release from the Microsoft fold.
- Internet Explorer 9 beta.
- Office for Mac OS X.
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse.
- Visual Studio 2010.
Now, in 2011 Microsoft has many tricks and surprise in its sleeves. All expected to live up to the reputation of the Iconic brand of Microsoft. Among them are:
- Gears of War 3- The Much awaited Gears of War 3 scheduled to be released in fall of 2011 aiming for the holiday season surge of sales. Also Xbox Group Product Manager David Dennis recently said that the company has much in store for its fan base in 2011.
- System on Chip (SoC)-Also Microsoft has announced a new version of windows supporting “System on a Chip” SoC architectures including ARM-based systems from partners NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Texas Instruments.
- More titles for Xbox 360- There are many yet to be announced titles all scheduled for a launch in 2011 as announced by Xbox Group Product Manager David Dennis. Title range includes both Kinect and Non Kinect titles.
- Internet Explorer 9 – Its beta version has already been released and people are eagerly awaiting the new web browser from Microsoft touted to be its reply to Chrome and Opera.
- A new version of Dynamics AX enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution.
- Windows phone 7 is planned to release with sprint and Verizon early 2011.
2011 seems to be a crucial year for Microsoft. It would be hoping not to lose the momentum built up in 2010. It would want to build up on its Gamers paradise image with many new titles or Xbox 360 and also its MS Internet explorer is touted to be a big success. Let’s hope with these and many more planned releases Microsoft maintains its Cult brand Image and keeps its fan base satisfied and longing for more.