Some programs get installed in your computer automatically causing you unnecessary trouble. This usually happens when there is wide variety of locations available in your computer and such programs get placed into section of your computer causing them to startup mechanically. You may find such programs or files unwanted and the same are of no use to you; therefore, you can easily stop them from getting loaded in your computer whenever you want.
So, if you are using Windows XP based PC and looking for the steps to prevent certain programs from automatic startup then our quick and easy DIY solution mentioned below can help you do it rather easily. Simply, browse through the instructions given here and make the changes as needed and prevent any unwanted programs from getting installed in your PC automatically.
Here’s how you can prevent programs from automatic startup in Windows XP.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to prevent programs from automatic startup in Windows XP:
1. Right click the “Start” menu and then select “Explore” from the menu
2. In the navigation pane, go to the “Programs” and then click “Startup”
3. Delete the program that appears in the “Startup” folder
4. If the file is not listed there then:
Click “Start” and then select “Run”
5. Type “msconfig” in the search box and then click “OK”
6. Go to “Startup” and uncheck the Program
7. Click “OK” and then click “Restart”
See, how easily you can prevent programs from automatic startup in Windows XP, all you need to do is go through the steps carefully and make the changes as required.