Do you know you can check your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook 2007? Sound strange but it’s true that Microsoft allows you to check your Gmail account followed by certain changes in the settings of the Outlook 2007. Well, Microsoft allows you to check as well as send e-mails through your Gmail account in a completely safe and secured manner. Not only has this, but Microsoft Outlook 2007 also allow you to access the mail account by Yahoo! Mail and Windows Live Mail, however, it do not create or issue e-mail accounts directly, it first ask you to add your e-mail account information to it and then provide you the access to check your e-mails.
If you are looking for the instructions to use Microsoft Outlook 2007 to check your Gmail account, then our solution steps can be of your great help. Our steps are not only simple but these are quick too and it can help you to make the necessary and let you check your Gmail account rather easily. Here’s how you can use Outlook to check your Gmail account on a Windows Vista-based PC.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to use Microsoft Outlook 2007 to check your Gmail account in Windows Vista:
1. Open “Internet Explorer”, type “www.gmail.com” in the Address bar and then press “ENTER” on your keyboard.
2. Log into your Gmail account, Click on “Options” and then select “Mail Settings”.
3. Under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab make sure POP is enabled. Select “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” radio button, and then click on “Save Changes”. Minimize your web browser.
4. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
5. Click “Tools” and then select “Account Settings”
6. Under “Account Settings”, choose the “Email” tab and then click “New”
7. Make sure “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” radio button is selected and then click “Next”
8. Enter in all your Gmail account information and make sure there is no check next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” radio button, Click on “Next”.
After outlook has successfully configured the e-mail server settings, you can go ahead and click “Finish”
By implementing the steps mentioned above, you can easily check your Gmail account by using Microsoft Outlook 2007. So, what are you waiting for, start browsing the steps and make the changes at the comfort of your home or office.