The N edition and the KN edition of the Windows 7 operating systems have not any Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related technologies, like Windows Media Center and Windows DVD Maker. That’s why you must have to install a separate media player in order to do any of the following:
- If you want to play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs
- If you want to organize content in a media library.
- If you want to create playlists.
- It requires converting audio CDs to media files.
- If you want to View artist and title information about media files.
- Want to View album art about music files.
- If you want to Transfer music to personal music players.
- It requires in the time of Record and playback TV broadcasts.
There are various Web sites and software programs which are rely on Windows Media-related files that are not incorporated into Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN and these programs include Microsoft Office and Microsoft Encarta. if you want to enable all these Web sites and software programs to work correctly, then you can install the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N and for Windows 7 KN.
The Windows Media Format Feature Pac can install the Windows Media Format Software Development Kit (SDK) runtime. In this package you have to use the applications which are designed for the Windows Media Format SDK in Windows 7 N and in Windows 7 KN. So you do not have to install Windows Media Player or Windows Media-related technologies if you want to install this package.
The Windows Media Format runtime provides the following issues
- It can provides APIs that let you read and write Windows Media files
- It provides Windows Media Codecs
- It can provides Windows Media Portable Device APIs and this installation package should be used by one of the following groups of people:
- It can provides Developers of applications who test their application functionality on Windows 7 N editions that do not have Windows Media Player
- It provides Users of existing applications that are designed for the Windows Media Format SDK. These users can enable Windows Media specific functionality and do not have to install Windows Media Player.
If you want to install Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related programs on a computer which is running Windows 7 N or Windows 7 KN. And if you want to do this, then use the Windows Media Feature Pack that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
968211 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968211/) it is a description of the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N and for Windows 7 KN
Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN have the same functionality like Windows 7. But these editions of Windows 7 do not have any Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related technologies.
Features like Windows Media Player User Experience is enables in Windows Media Player components, and lets you perform the following action:
Windows Media Player ActiveX Control like feature exposes methods and properties for manipulating multimedia playback from a Web page or from an application.