Windows Vista allows you to share hardware devices when two or more computers are connected to each other in a network. When you have multiple computers at your home or office, you can connect all these computers to a network – and on this network, you can share files, folders, and hardware. If you have recently bought a Canon printer for your home or office network, you can effortlessly share the printer with all the computers on your Windows Vista network and take print-outs from all the computers in the network instead of connecting the printer individually to each computer when you have to take print-outs.
Do you know how to share your Canon printer on Windows Vista network at your home or office?
Here’s how you can do that in a few simple steps:
1. Click on ‘Start’ and select ‘Control Panel’
2. Click on ‘Network and Internet’ and select ‘Network and Sharing Center’
3. Select the ‘Show me all the shared network folders on this computer’ link
4. Open ‘Printers’ folder
5. Right-click on the ‘Canon’ printer that is installed on your computer and select ‘Sharing’ from the menu that appears
6. Under the ‘Sharing’ tab, click on the ‘Change sharing options’ button
7. Click on ‘Continue’ on the ‘User Account Control’ window
8. Ensure that the ‘Share this printer’ check box is marked and you have named your printer
9. Click on ‘Apply’
10. Click on ‘OK’
Congratulations! Now you can take print-outs from every computer in the Windows Vista network on your Canon printer.