The error 0xc000007b is a bit rare, however it does occur. This is an application error and happens when you launch an application, that can be Windows or third-party application as well. The message that accompanies the error states: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application”. The occurrence of this error code is directly related to the launch of DirectX which is a game application.
Common Reasons for Error 0XC000007B
When you try to launch 32-bit application in a 64-bit environment, there are incompatibility issues and that causes these errors. Here are some common reasons for it.
- Damaged sectors in the hard disc
- Corrupt application files
- Damaged or outdated computer system drivers
DIY Solutionsto Fix Error 0XC000007B
There can be number of reasons why you may be getting the error code 0xc000007b. Here are some easy DIY solutions that you can try out.
Solution 1: Simple Stepsto fix error 0XC000007B
- Restart the computer and then try launching the program that you attempted before the error
- Check for pending updates and install them
- Access the Windows Store and check for available updates for installation
Solution 2 : Get Administrative Rights
You may get error 0xc000007b if you don’t have admin rights.
- Right-click “C” or the driver that hosts the operating system
- Select ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Security’ tab and then click the ‘Advanced’tab
- Click ‘Change’ option
- Type your username in the ‘Enter the Object name’ box that appears
- Click ‘OK’ to save settings
- Restart the computer to apply all changes
- Launch the application once more before the error occurred.
Solution 3: Update Computer Drivers
- Right click on ‘My Computer’ and select ‘Properties’
- Select ‘Device Manager’
- Check all devices listed and see if any device has a yellow exclamation mark
- Right click the identified device and choose ‘Update Driver’
- Restart once the update is done.
Solution 4: Run Disk Check Utility
- Press Win + X keys and open Menu
- Select ‘Command Prompt’ with Admin options
- Click ‘Yes’ to run Command Prompt as admin
- Type ‘chkdsk’ leave space and then C (drive for scanning) and then ‘/f/r/x’
- Press ‘Enter’ to run the scan
- Let the scan complete and then restart the computer
- Check with running programs if the error is resolved.
Solution 5: Fix Compatibility Issue Between Application And Computer System
- Right click on the Application icon
- Click ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Compatibility’ tab
- Tick the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ box
- Pick the appropriate version of Windows OS from the drop down menu
- Click ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ to close the dialogue box
- Restart the computer and check if the error is fixed.
If you still face the Error Code 0xc000007b, then call us on the customer support phone number and we can help you out right away.