ERROR CODE 0X800706B5: WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR
Error code 0x800706b5 is a common Windows Update issue and especially with Windows 8 and 10. The error can come up when there are pending updates that have been downloaded and are ready for installation.
The error 0x800706b5 can also crop up due to corrupt Windows files. Users may see the error once they restart the computer and the pending updates are not installed.
DIY Solutions to Fix Error Code 0X800706B5
Solution 1:Install Pending Updates
- Go to the Windows icon and then right click
- Select menu and select update computer during restart
- Let your computer restart and complete the updates
- Now run your programs as usual.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot Windows Update
- Press the Windows key and click on Troubleshoot
- Select the option, ‘View All’ located on the left pane
- Select Windows Update and then select Windows Update Troubleshooter
- A new Window will open
- Follow the on screen instructions and the troubleshooter will fix issues with Windows Update
Solution 3: Reset Windows Update Components
- Go to Microsoft website and search for Windows Update Troubleshooter
- You can download the two available options; one is for Windows 10 and the other applies for Windows 7/8/8.1
- Run the tool and follow the instructions
- Let the tool complete the process and check to see if the error has resolved
Solution 4: Check For System File Errors
- Go to Windows icon and then right click to select ‘Command Prompt’ (Admin access)
- Type ‘sfc /scannow’ and press Enter. This will start the scan for system files and any corrupt files will be changed with a cache copy that’s located at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache in a compressed folder.
- Once the process has completed, the tool will repair all the corrupt files.
Solution 5: Do a clean boot
- Press Win + R and type ‘taskmgr’ and press Enter
- This will open the Task Manager. Click on the startup tab
- Disable all applications that have been enabled on startup
- Press Win + R and type ‘msconfig’ and click ‘OK’
- Select the services table and check the option to hide all Microsoft Services
- Disable the remaining services and restart the computer
The error should now be fixed.