HOW TO FIX 0X800F081F: .NET FRAMEWORK INSTALLATION ERROR
Error code 0x800f081f is a Windows error that points to a.Net Framework-related issue. You need to fix this issue before you try to install an app or any third-party program. The error code is often accompanied with the message that Windows is unable to find certain files or something on the similar lines.
.Net Framework is quite crucial to the functioning of Windows and is required by different applications for proper functionality. This error can come up in any version of the Windows operating system. Windows 7 naturally has Framework 3.5.1 by default. Both Windows 8 and 8.1 has Framework 4.5 and 4.5.1 respectively. Windows 10 runs with the Framework 4.6.
Common ReasonsforError Code 0X800F081F
- Post upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 or from Windows Server 2008 to Server 2016
- Installation of third party applications or programs that work on Framework 3.5 to run
- Framework 3.5 installed but Windows features is turned off
- Installation of Framework 3.5 with its security related updates KB2966826, KB29668828, and KB29668827 already installed.
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX.NET FRAMEWORK ERROR CODE 0X800F081F
There are different ways to fix the .Net error on your own. Let’s take a look at each one of them and see what will work for you to fix this error in no time.
Solution 1: Troubleshooting
A quick troubleshooting on the computer can help resolve the 0x800f081f error. The first thing you need to do is ascertain if Framework 3.5 is already installed and if the related files are corrupt. The next thing you need to check if the security related updates are installed. You can also try to uninstall the updates before you install the framework and then reinstall the updates once more.
Solution 2: Activate .Net Framework 3.5
This method is applicable when the framework is installed but not enabled
- Connect to the internet
- Click on ‘Start’ and ‘Search’
- Type, ‘Windows Features’ and hit ‘Enter’
- Turn Windows features on or off in the resultant dialog box
- Disconnect the Internet connection and then restart the computer to see if the error is resolved
- Open Control Panel
- Click ‘Program and Features’
- Click on ‘Turn Windows on or off’
- Select, ‘.Net Framework 3.5’ and press ‘OK’
- Restart the computer and check if the error is resolved
Solution 3: Manual Installation Of .Net Framework 3.5
- Create a backup of all important documents
- Insert Windows operating system media
- Open Command Prompt
- Type ‘DISM/Online/Enable-Feature/NetF3/All/LimitAccess(your media drive)sxs’ and hit Enter
- Remove the installation media and restart the computer
- Check if the error is now resolved.