How to Fix Error Code 0XC0000022
Error 0xc0000022 is a common Windows operating system issue. There can be more than one message flashing on your screen when this error occurs. The message may read, “The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application”, another user may receive a different message indicating that “System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0xc0000022).”
As you may observe that the error messages indicate that you may encounter error 0xc0000022 at two different moments. First, when performing a system restore or when launching an application, especially Microsoft related applications. The appearance of this error can make your computer sluggish and also lead to crash. Here are the different solutions that can help fix the issue.
Common Reasons for Error Code 0XC0000022 On Windows
- Missing corrupt registry files, especially DLL files
- Installed antivirus or malware programs
- Incorrect access rights to the computer
- Slow or unreliable internet connection
- Internal conflicts specific to Microsoft applications
- Incorrect proxy configuration
- Virus or malware infection
DIY Solutions to Fix Error Code 0XC0000022 On Windows 7/8/8.1 & 10
There can be more than one solution for the error code 0XC0000022. Here are some easy solutions to fix the error.
Solution 1: Basic Troubleshooting to fix error 0XC0000022
- Check if the computer’s internet connection is steady and reliable
- Run a scan with the installed antivirus or malware program
- Disable the antivirus program and check if the problem is resolved
- If the error is resolved, then enable the antivirus once more.
Solution 2: Get Administrative Rights
- Right click ‘C’ or the or the driver that hosts the operating system
- Select ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Security’ tab an then click ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click ‘Change’ option
- Type your username in the ‘Enter the Object name’ box
- Click ‘OK’ and save all
- Restart the computer and let the changes be applied
Solution 3: Check Status Of Software Protection Service
It is possible for the error to occur even after you got the Admin rights to the computer. You need to check if the status of the Software Protection Service to confirm that it hasn’t stopped.
- Press Win + R to open Run Command
- Type, ‘services.msc’ and press Enter
- Search and find ‘Software Protection’. Check the status of the service and restart it in case it has stopped
- Restart the computer and see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 4: Run Disk Check Utility
- Pres Win + X keys to open up menu
- Select ‘Command Prompt’ with Admin option
- Click ‘Yes’ to run Command Prompt as administrator
- Type ‘chkdsk’ leave space and type C and press Enter
Note: Running a disk check will only identify damaged sectors and files, if any.
Solution 5: System Restore to fix error 0xc0000022
You should try this solution if the error occurs when you attempt to launch a Microsoft related app
- Press Win + Q
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Recovery’ icon
- Select ‘System Restore’ from the resultant window
- Select an earlier date when the computer worked without issues
- The tool has to run before shutting down the computer and restart again
- Try to launch the app you were working on, before the error occurred