ERROR 0X00000709 : OPERATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED PRINTER
Error code 0x00000709 is an issue related to printers. With this error code, you may not be able to print documents through the printer, notepad, wordpad, MS Office word, excel or any other software. If you are not sure how to remove this error and get on with your work, here is what to do.
This error message will generally say, ‘Operation Could not be Completed (error 0x00000709). Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network’. The error indicates that there is a conflict in printer registry values and that stops Windows from setting up the desired printer as default.
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X00000709
Solution 1: Fix Registry
- Click ‘Start’ and type ‘Regedit’
- Right click and select, ‘Run as Administrator’
- You can also press Win + R keys
- A new Run window will pop up.
- Press OK and then hit the Enter button
- A UAC (User Access Control) window will pop up
- Click ‘Yes’
- On the left panel, navigate to path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- Right click ‘Device’ and click ‘Modify’
- Under Value Data, you would see line like, ‘PRINTER,wins pool,Ne00:’ Change ‘Printer’ to the printer’s name and hit ‘OK’
- If you see ‘cannot edit device’, right click on ‘Windows’ select ‘Permissions’ and check Full Control Box. Repeat the process
- Check if the error is now fixed.
Solution 2: Alternate Method
- Click Start or hit or hit the Windows + R
- Run registry editor and change the following:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\Wizard\Locate Type : The value should be changed to 2.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\Wizard\Set as Default : Same as well, change it to 2.
- Check if the error is resolved.