HOW TO FIX EXCEPTION ERROR CODE 0XC0000005 ON WINDOWS 7 & 10
Exception code 0XC0000005 is one of the common errors that can occur in any version of the Windows operating system. This error makes it impossible for the computer to continue doing the tasks that were running. This error can occur when a program is just starting, giving the message that the application failed to initialize properly, and the process was terminated.
The error 0XC0000005 can also occur when installing a new Windows operating system or program. This is also applicable when updating a program or immediately after installation or upgrade of hardware.
Reasons why application error 0XC0000005 occur
Here are some of the possible reasons for error code 0XC0000005
- Incorrect system hardware configuration
- Low memory or damaged RAM
- Virus or malware infection
- Outdated program
- Corrupt or damaged system registry files
- Data execution security feature (DEP)
DIY Solutions to fix0XC0000005 error on Windows 7 and 8
Error 0xc0000005 can be caused by multiple reasons. Here is how to fix the error code with these DIY solutions.
Solution 1:Basic Troubleshooting
Simple troubleshooting steps can successfully solve this issue in no time.
- Run a full scan of the computer with the installed antivirus program
- The scan will detect and block any malware or virus infection
- Once the scan is complete, try running program normally
- Update all your installed programs.
- Now attempt to launch the program you were working on before the error occurred
- Update all drivers as well
Solution 2: Repair corrupt system files
- Press together Win + X keys to open Power User Menu
- Select ‘Command Prompt’
- Type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the command prompt and press ENTER
Let the scan complete and report its findings. Check and now see if the error 0xc0000005 is fixed.
Solution 3: Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
DEP is a group of security features that checks the computer memory and protects your computer from virus threats. The error can be caused if some installed programs are not compatible with it. Temporary disabling them can help fix the 0xc0000005 error
- Press Win + R keys together
- Type ‘sysdm.cpl’ in the open Run Box and press OK
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the window that appears
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Data Execution Protection’ tab on the window
- Select ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’
- Click ‘Add’ and then click ‘OK’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ to apply the changes
- Close the window and check if the Exception Error 0xc0000005 is resolved.
Solution 4: Reset Windows Internet Explorer Settings
The security settings of Internet Explorer can also cause the error 0xc0000005.
- Access the search box and type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and press ENTER to open Internet Properties
- Click on ‘Security tab’ and reset everything to default
This will do a simple reset for the Internet Explorer and resolve the error.
Solution 5: Disable Proxy
The computer system proxy settings can cause error 0xc0000005. Disabling the same can fix this error. Here is how to go about it:
- Press the Win + R key together
- Type ‘cmd’ in the Run box and press ENTER to open command prompt
- Type ‘netshwinhttp import proxy source = ie’ in the prompt and press ENTER
Read the message carefully. The message may show an error in writing the proxy settings that denies access. All you have to do is disable the proxy settings.
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Click on ‘Tools’ and then open up ‘Internet Options’
- Select ‘LAN Settings’ on the connection tab
- Select ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’
- Type address of the proxy server in the open ‘Address’ box
- Type the port number
- Click ‘OK’ to apply the changes.