Status Code 0XC000000F And How To Fix It
If you are seeing the Windows error code 0xc000000f then you are probably facing the blue screen of death. This is one of the error codes that may occur in Blue Screen of Death. What it automatically means is that your computer is exposed to different issues and it affects your Windows boot manager. This error generally flashes when you are starting your computer and due to this error, it become impossible to start your operating system. Here are the steps to follow to fix the Blue Screen of Death issue.
Why Am I Getting Error Code 0XC000000F
This error message can flash due to the following reasons:
- Corrupt boot sector due to power outages or some malicious infection
- Damaged hard disk due to power outage
- Corrupt system files due to improper shutdown
- Damaged hardware
How To Fix Error Code 0XC000000F On Windows
What one must understand that Blue Screen of Death error is a hardware issue. The solution to the problem will depend on the specific cause of the error on your computer. Here are some solutions that you can try out.
Solution 1: Disable Peripheral Hardware
- Removed all attached hardware or peripherals to your computer except the keyboard and the mouse
- Remove all CD, USB and DVDs from their respective ports
- Check and see if you are able to restart your computer as usual.
If you are able to start your computer, then you need to identify which hardware is causing the error 0xc000000f.
Solution 2: Start Your Computer Using Bootrec.Exe Utility
The Bootrec.exe utility is available in Windows operating system. This solution will require you to use Windows DVD or USB installation disk. This tool will make an attempt to repair boot files and will also try to correct the boot configuration data (BCD). This is the data that controls the launch of the Windows operating system.
- Restart your computer
- Insert the Windows DVD or USB installation disk in the correct drive
- Now reboot your computer once more. Now press any key when prompted to do so
- Select the correct date, time, currency, language and keyboard before pressing NEXT
- Select the operating system that needs to be repaired
- Click, ‘Command Prompt’ in the ‘System Recovery Options’
- Type ‘bootrec.exe in the prompt and then press ENTER
- The utility will automatically begin to run. It will also attempt to repair the BCD before it restarts the computer automatically.
- Restart your computer
- Insert Windows DVD or USB installation disk
- Reboot the computer again and then press ‘R’
- Click ‘Troubleshoot’
- Click ‘Command Prompt
- Type ‘bootrec/FixMbr’ and then press ENTER
- Type, ‘bootrec/FixBoot’ and then press ENTER
- Type, ‘bootrec/ScanOs’ and then press ENTER
- Type, ‘bootrec/RebuiildBcd’; and then press ENTER
- The utility will automatically start to rebuild the BCD and fix the error code 0xc000000f.
If none of these solutions were helpful to fix the error 0xc000000f, then call our customer support phone number and let us help you out. We are available 24×7