HOW TO FIX ERROR 0X800706D9 WHILE UPDATING WINDOWS
The error code 0x800706d9 is an update error that is commonly seen in Windows 10. There could be many different reasons for this error code to occur. Let’s take a look at the common reasons why this error code occurs and how to fix it.
COMMON REASONS FOR ERROR 0X800706D9
The reason why you may be seeing this error code is due to Windows Firewall Service. Windows have their own Firewall that protects the system. Here are some reasons that can trigger the error.
- Third party antivirus installed
- Windows Firewall turned off
- Virus or spyware infection
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR 0X800706D9 IN WINDOWS UPDATE
Here are some easy solutions that can fix this issue in no time.
Solution 1: Turn Off Your Antivirus
If you have a third party antivirus installed on the system, then you could try to disable it and check if it resolves the issue.
Every antivirus has a different way of disabling it. If you want to get rid of the antivirus completely, then use Control Panel and uninstall it. Or you can go to the respective antivirus website and see how to turn it off temporarily.
Once the updates are complete, you can once more activate the antivirus.
Solution 2: Turn On or Re-Enable Windows Firewall
If you are turning off the antivirus, it generally also turns off the firewall. So, you need to turn it back again. If it is already on, then re-enable it by the following steps:
- Go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools > Services or Search for ‘Services’ and click on the shown result
- Services Window will open up. You will see list of Services on the Right side. Scroll down and find ‘Windows Firewall’
- Services Window will open up. You’ll see the list of Services on the right side
- Right click on Windows Firewall and click on Properties. A new window will pop up
- Select Startup and type, ‘Automatic’ and click OK and then Apply
- If it’s already Automatic and Runnng, then click on Stop and Start Again
- Check if the error is now resolved.