WINDOWS 7/8/10 UPDATE ERROR 0X8024402C
The error 0x8024402c is one of the common Windows update errors and when the issue presents itself the screen will flash the error message: ‘Error(s) found: Code 0x8024402c Windows update encountered an unknown error.’
This error is often seen when trying to update the Windows or a particular program. This error occurs when the computer is unable to identify the correct Internet connection settings to make a connection with Windows Update Server. There is a possibility that if you are seeing this error, the computer can face Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
Reasons for Windows Error 0X8024402C
There are different reasons why you may encounter this error. Here are some of the common reasons behind the Windows error code 0X8024402C
- Junk files with active threats
- Proxy server issues
- Incorrect time settings on the computer
- Incorrect Firewall settings that prevent the installation of required updates
- Corrupt or damaged system files
- Pending updates
DIY Solutions to Fix Windows Update Error 0X8024402C
There can be more than one way to fix this update error. Here are some simple DIY solutions that can fix the Windows error 0X8024402C easily.
Solution 1: Basic Troubleshooting
- Check and see the time setting on your computer syncs with the Internet clock
- Run a scan with your installed antivirus and check for any malicious programs
Once the checks are complete, restart your computer once more and see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 2: Clear Junk Files
Continuous working on the computer accumulates lot of junk files. This can interfere in the smooth download and installation of required updates.
- Press Win + X together and open the menu
- Select ‘Command Prompt’ option
- Click ‘Yes’ to run Command Prompt as admin
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ and press ENTER
- The tool will automatically run and show you how much disk space you have consumed.
- Check all dialogue boxes that are occupied by unnecessary files including temp files
- Click ‘OK’ to allow the tool to remove all junk files.
- Check and see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 3:Install Pending Updates
It happens that the computer downloads the updates, but the installation doesn’t get completed. This leads to the error code 0x8024402c, when the install updates are attempted manually. To avoid this, simply check if there is any update pending for installation. Here are the steps to follow for it.
- Click ‘Start’
- Type ‘Update’ in the search box and hit ENTER
- Check for uninstalled update on the resultant Windows update dialogue box.
- Right click each of them and update
- In case there are any pending updates that needs to be installed then complete it.
- Once complete, run programs and check if the error is fixed.
Solution4: Remove Invalid Characters in Proxy Exception List
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Select the Gear icon at the top right section and then select ‘Internet Options
- Click ‘Connections’ tab and then on ‘LAN Settings’
- Click on the check box, ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ box on the resultant window
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab
- Copy everything in the ‘Do not use a proxy server for addresses beginning with” and then clear the field
- Click ‘OK’ to exit Internet Explorer.
- Open the command prompt and do the following:
- Type ‘netshwinhttp reset proxy’ and hit Enter
- Type ‘net stop wuauserv’ and hit Enter
- Type ‘net start wuauserv’ and hit Enter.
Check to see if you are able to download and install the updates on the computer. If you are no longer getting the error code, then you can go ahead confidently.
Solution5: Enable Automatic Detection Settings
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Click ‘Tools’ in Internet Options.
- Click ‘Local Area Network (LAN) Settings
- Check ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ box and click OK
If your Windows update error 0x8024402c is not fixed, you can call our customer support team and we can help you fix it in no time.