QUICK WAYS TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X80080005 IN WINDOWS
The Windows error code 0x80080005 is an update issue that common comes up in Windows version. It is seen to occur in Windows 7, 8, and 10. The problem will signify that the computer is not usable or fails to download and install pending updates. If you are seeing this error on your computer, here are some solutions that can help you out.
Common Reasons For Getting Error Code 0X80080005
- Conflict between inbuilt and third-party antivirus software
- When upgrading the system from windows 8.1 to 10
- Internal application conflict
- Corrupted files
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE 0X80080005
Solution 1: Initialize Bits
In this method you have to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS). This would take care of the issue that comes with updating Windows or with your antivirus software. Here are the steps for it.
- Go to Control Panel and search for Administrative tools
- Click on Services to find Background Intelligent Transfer Service from the list
- Right click on the service and then right click on display Properties
- Go to general tab and select ‘Automatic’ as the startup type
- Click to initialize the service
- Check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 2: Check For Corrupt Files
- Press Win + R together and open Run prompt
- Type cmd and press OK
- You can also right click on Start button and click on Command Prompt
- Type, C: >sfc /scannow or sfc /scannow
- Once the process is complete check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Remove Third Party Antivirus
Sometimes third party antivirus software can also cause this issue. Uninstall it from your system and the error should be resolved. Once the antivirus is uninstalled here is what you need to do:
- Open Command Prompt and write ‘netshwinsock reset’
- Let the code complete its function, reboot the computer
- Run the code, ‘wuauclt.exe /updatenow’ on the Command Prompt once the computer has booted
- Wait for 30 min and then update the inbuilt antivirus