WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE 800F0902
The error code 800F0902 is related to a Windows update issue. The error is mostly seen in Windows 7, while trying to run updates. However, there can be more than one cause to this error. Here are some ways to resolve this error code easily.
Common Reasons For Windows 7 Update Error 800F0902
Here are some common reasons why you may get the Windows 7 update error code 800F0902
· No Internet Connection
· Corrupt System files
· Windows update service issue
· Windows module installer service issue
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR CODE 800F0902 IN WINDOWS 7
Let’s look at the different methods to fix this Windows 7 update error.
Solution 1: Renaming Software Distribution Folder
Before you start with this solution, you need to stop the Windows update service. This can be done by going to Command Prompt. Just follow the steps given below:
1. Open Command Prompt as Admin by clicking on Start > All Programs > Accessories> Right Click Command Prompt
2. Click run as Administrator
3. Type, ‘net stop wuauserv’ and hit Enter
4. Type, ‘ren c:windowsSoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old’ and hit Enter. (This will rename the Software Distribution Folder)
5. Type, ‘net start wuauserv’ and hit Enter. (This will Start the Windows update Service once more)
6. Close the Command Prompt and type Exit and hit Enter
7. Check if the Windows update is now running successfully.
Solution 2: Restarting Windows Module Installer Service
Here we are going to restart Windows Module Installer Service. Here are the steps for it.
1. Click On Start
2. Type ‘Services.msc’ in search and hit Enter
3. From the given Services, find Windows Module Installer
4. Click and open its Properties
5. General tab will show the ‘start’ and ‘Stop’ options
6. Click on Stop. Again do the same and click on ‘Start’
7. The service would now be restarted
8. Check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 3: Scan For Corrupt System Files
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Type, ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit Enter
3. Let the scan complete and see if there are any corrupt files. The corrupt files will be automatically replaced.
4. Check if the error is now resolved.