HOW TO FIX 8024402C: WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE
Windows Update error 8024402c is an update related issue that can come when you try to run updates on the computer. It comes up on the screen with a message indicating that the operating system is unable to search for new updates or some updates have not been installed. The error can also come up when Windows update encounter an unknown error.
Even though this issue can come up at any time, it is most likely to come when upgrading your current Windows operating system to Windows 10 or soon after the upgrade.
Common Reasons for ERROR CODE 8024402C
Even though this is an update error, here are some common reasons as why you may face this error:
- Invalid settings in the network
- Incorrect proxy settings
- Poor connectivity either to the Internet or to Windows Server
- Third party program or software
- Corrupt registry files
- Incorrect Windows Firewall settings
- Infection of virus/malware.
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR CODE 8024402C IN WINDOWS
Solution 1: Full Computer Scan
It is quite possible that you get this error just due to a malware or virus infection. You need to run the antivirus software and check if the error is fixed.
Solution 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
You can also try to troubleshoot and fix the error with Windows Update
- Download and Click to Run the Troubleshooter
- Click to accept License Agreement that appears
- Click on ‘Detect problems and apply fixes’
- Allow the troubleshooter to complete and then restart the computer to check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus Software
It is possible that the installed antivirus software is preventing the installation of updates. It is possible that the installation is getting noted as spam by the antivirus and is automatically stopped. Try to disable the antivirus and then run the pending updates. Once you have successfully run all updates, you can activate the antivirus once more.
Solution 4: Add Firewall Exception
Windows Firewall helps in protecting your computer. However, sometimes similar to the antivirus, it blocks the updates. Here is how to create an exception in that case.
- Go to Control Panel and access Firewall software
- Check and see if the following Windows websites are on the exception list. You need to get them added, in case they are not added.
Windowsupdate.microsoft.com, download.windowsupdate.com, and windowsupdate.micosoft.com
- Restart the computer and try to upgrade the operating system once more
- The error should now be resolved.
You may need to restart your computer and attempt to upgrade the OS to see whether or not the error
Solution 5: Check and Configure Proxy Settings
- Click ‘Start’ and click on ‘Search Box’ to open dialog box
- Type ‘cmd’ and hit Enter
- Type the command, ‘netshwinhttp import proxy source=ie’ in the prompt and hit Enter
- Disable proxy in Network Settings, unless you receive the message indicating there is no proxy server
- Check to see if the error is resolved.