QUICK WAYS TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X80070003: WINDOWS UPDATE
The Windows update error code 0x80070003 is a common Windows operating system issue. The error is mostly accompanied by a message indicating, ‘Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer’ or ‘Error(s) found: Code 0x80070003 Windows update encountered an unknown error’. This error indicates that there is an update problem, especially when installing updates for a specific app manually.
Common Reasons for error code 0X80070003
- Windows Firewall issues
- Conflicts in your computer system
- Insufficient RAM
- Insufficient space in installation disk
- Issues in system memory
If you are getting the error code 0x80070003 with the accompanying message, then it is surely a matter of concern. You need to take immediate action to fix the error. Working with this error can also lead to data loss. It is also possible that Windows registry host gets damaged.
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X80070003 FOR WINDOWS
Here are some simple solutions that you can try to resolve the error code 0X80070003.
Solution 1: Run System Scan
- Click Start and then go to Search box
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and hit Enter
- Type, ‘sfc/scannow’ and start the system scan
- Once the scan is complete, restart the computer and check if the error is fixed.
Solution 2: Proxy Settings Check
You may be getting this error simply because of the incorrect proxy settings. Here is how to correct it.
- Press Win + R together
- Press Enter to open Command Prompt
- Type, ‘netshwinhttp import proxy source=ie’ in the prompt and hit Enter
- Disable the proxy in ‘Network Settings’ unless you receive a message, ‘Direct Access (no proxy server)’
- Restart the computer and check is the error is now resolved.
Solution 3:Troubleshoot Windows Update
You may encounter the error because of minor issues with Windows Update.
- Press Win + R to open the Run prompt
- Type ‘Troubleshooter’ in the search box and hit Enter
- Select ‘Troubleshooter’ and click ‘View All’
- Select, ‘Windows Update Troubleshooter’ and follow instructions that come up
- Check if the error is now fixed.
Solution 4: Run Repair Tool
This method is helpful in fixing error in case you are using Windows 8.1 operating system
- Download the Windows 8.1 Repair Tool from Microsoft website
- Click, ‘Scan’ once the installation is complete
- Click the icon, ‘Fix Errors’ after the scan is complete
- Restart the computer and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 5: Apps Uninstallation
- Open ‘Start’ and search ‘PowerShell’
- Right click on ‘PowerShell’ and select, ‘Run as Administrator’
- Select, ‘Agree to the UAC’ and then copy paste the below command
Note: The command will be the same, however the app you need to uninstall will change as per requirement.
‘Get-AppxPackagewindowsalarm|Remove-AppxPackage’ in order to uninstall Alarm clock and ‘Get-AppxPackageofficehub|Remove-AppxPackage’ to uninstall Get Office App.
If there are some inbuilt apps, you can directly uninstall them by right clicking on it and selecting, ‘Uninstall’.
Check and see if the error is now resolved.