WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE FIREWALL ERROR 0X80070422
Error code 0x80070422 occurs due to Windows firewall issues. This problem can occur when using a third party firewall or when updating from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or 10. The error can also come up when you try to download the app from the Windows Store or when trying to open or update the built in antivirus software in Windows 8 or 10.
The error is often accompanied with the message that the firewall has not been successful in changing some of the system settings. The issue can further come up when Windows fail to start or has been disabled. For example, Disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service can lead to this error.
DIY SOLUTIONS FOR ERROR CODE 0X80070422
The error code can be solved through different methods. Here some some ways to fix the issue in no time.
Solution 1: Using The Services Option To Enable Firewall
- Find the services menu by pressing Win + R to open Run prompt
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Scroll down to Windows firewall
- Check the startup type and status. It should be disabled
- Now enable the service and allow it to start automatically as the Windows boot
- Double click the Windows Firewall service
- Select General option
- Change from disabled to automatic, click apply and accept the changes by pressing OK
- Once the settings has been accepted, right click on Windows firewall tab and select start to initialize it.
- Check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 2: Manual Download Updates or Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus
If you are facing the issue with Windows 8 or 10, then you need to update the Windows Defender. You can do a search for Windows Defender manual update and you will find links to the official Microsoft website. Check if you have 64 bit or 32 bit operating system so that you can download the right update.
Once it is downloaded, install it and the error is fixed. If the error comes when trying to open Windows Defender, then it means that you have two antivirus software installed in your system.
To avoid the error, uninstall the third party software and then try to run Windows Defender. Check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 3: Enable The Background Intelligence Transfer Setting
- Open the services Windows as used in Solution 1
- Find the Background intelligenceTransfer Service(BITS). If it is disabled and stopped, then double click on it and then go to General tab
- Choose the manual option on the startup type and then click on start button that is located within the service status.
- This will enable and start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Accept the changes and then click OK
- Check if the error code is now resolved.