Every time visiting an IT-hardware shop or calling those guys to send some engineer to reboot your PC can become a nuisance. Also you end up paying for something which is much easier to perform by oneself. For repairing Windows XP installation on your desktop you actually do not need any hardware expert. It can be done without seeking anyone’s help in simple and easy steps. So the question is where to go running for the Window XP compact disc to repair the installation? You do not have to go anywhere.
You just need to follow the simple step wise instructions given below to boot your system.
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into your computer’s CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.
2. When you receive the “Press any key to boot from CD” message on the screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
3. On the Welcome to Setup screen, press “ENTER” to set up Windows XP.
4. On the “Windows XP Licensing Agreement” screen, press “F8” to agree to the license agreement.
5. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press “R” to repair Windows XP.
6. Wait while setup is copying the files
7. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP on your PC.
Most of the time, it happens that you have the CD, but you do not know how to perform a repair installation of Windows XP by booting from the Windows XP CD to get the repair done. For the fear that any wrong command would cause damage to your system. Relax! There is nothing of these sorts. Now you can do the job of reinstalling the operating software by your own. All the above steps are very simple and quick to understand. These will be of immense importance to get you through the process. Just step-by-step follow the procedures. Of course, you will save on the cost of calling an engineer to get the same thing done that you can do by yourself.